POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : I need help whit a laser beam reflection : Re: I need help whit a laser beam reflection Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:36:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need help whit a laser beam reflection
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 5 Mar 2008 18:55:17
Message: <47cf32e5@news.povray.org>
> I'm trying to simulate a laser beam using photons through an optical path.
> I saw many [examples] of this (how to see the beam, functions of radius,
> count,
> spacing, media,...) but when I'm trying to do this by myself, the beam
> after
> reflection is always composed by many distant luminous points.
> After many hours of working and manipulations of settings, I'm not able to
> do
> anything to correct this.

The light source shouldn't be inside the media object.

The media object is the target for photons to be deposited on.

The media statement in global photons controls the balance
between photons deposited on media and on normal surfaces.
Something like media 1000,0.1 will make most of the photons
deposit in the media.

The camera probably shouldn't be inside the media object either.