POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: St
Date: 5 Mar 2008 12:46:47
Message: <47cedc87@news.povray.org>
news:47ce9e1b$1@news.povray.org...

> I learned the following facts:
>
> - Drawing is FREAKING HARD! I had assumed that there's a special technique
> to it. But no, there isn't.

       Yes, there are special techniques involved with drawing, (more than I
know), and especially with a soft pencil or charcoal, but it's not hard to
get a good 3D effect this way. Your forefinger is your friend in this case
Andrew!    ;)

     Draw a character with a soft pencil and then smudge with your finger,
every *verticle* line to the RIGHT or LEFT of your character. You now have a
lightsource on paper.  :)

      ~Steve~