POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I have a blog too now...! : Re: I have a blog too now...! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I have a blog too now...!
From: Rune
Date: 5 Mar 2008 12:30:28
Message: <47ced8b4$1@news.povray.org>
"Dan Byers" wrote:
> "Rune" wrote:
>> Anyway, do WordPress allow this "publish via FTP" thing?
>
> I don't know about FTP, but you can publish via email, although it won't
> allow
> you to select a category.

No, that's not what I meant. I write articles in the web interface, but the
blog content is then uploaded (published) as static HTML-pages to my own web
space using FTP. This means I can have the blog on my own site even though I
don't have control over which components are installed on the server.

> I like running the WP code from my server (I'm a control freak like that)

Yeah, that's what I can't do with my web host.

> there are a large number of themes (and all of them customizable... is
> that even a
> word??)

Can you customize a few colors or style sheets, or have you complete control
over every aspect of the HTML/CSS that the blog consists of?

> Blogger also has a horrible reputation for being a spammer's haven.

Ugh, that doesn't sound good. How's that possible when they require word
recognision before posting a comment (if not logged in to a google account)?

I guess time will tell how well Blogger works out for me.

Rune