POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 5 Mar 2008 11:47:12
Message: <47cece90@news.povray.org>
news:47ce9e1b$1@news.povray.org...
> - Drawing is FREAKING HARD! I had assumed that there's a special
> technique to it. But no, there isn't. I had assumed that drawing only
> *seems* hard because I'm doing it the wrong way. But no, actually it
> *really is* hard. And that's all there is to it.

If you're still interested in learning, get yourself a copy of "Drawing on
the Right Side of the Brain" by Betty Edwards.

I went through it a few years back, though I never finished it. The part
that I did work through helped quite a bit with my drawing. I don't draw
much at the moment, very little time, but what I learnt from the book helps
with rough sketches that I sometimes do.

If you do get the book, do all the exercises. Reading it is only a small
part.