POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : solid assignment : Re: solid assignment Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: solid assignment
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Mar 2008 00:59:37
Message: <47ce36c9$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 03:59:17 -0500, Warp wrote:

>   Isn't this kind of obsolete, as the new POV-Ray 3.7 supports parallel
> rendering (and without taking any additional memory for that)?

Not if you have multiple machines you can use for rendering. :-)  True
that the tool doesn't seem to have that functionality yet, but that would
be my first enhancement request - a job control system that let you farm
the job out to multiple networked machines.  (I know that's not a new
idea, though).

If you run in an environment that supports true clustered computing,
though, I could see this being helpful even without a job control
system.  I want to say Mepis provides this functionality (clustered
processing), but I might be thinking of something else.

Jim