POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with digital painting : Re: Adventures with digital painting Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adventures with digital painting
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 4 Mar 2008 14:52:21
Message: <47cda875$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> But even so, no matter what software I use, if you move the mouse in a
>> circle, it draws a square with rounded corners. It seems the mouse is
>> very keen to move in the horizontal and vertical directions, and
>> resists moving in any other directions. Very irritating...
>
> Try turning off mouse pointer acceleration in control panel (I think
> it's called "Enhance Pointer Precision" now) - the algorithms used in
> Windows are quite complex to make the mouse move around in a "natural"
> way, but are useless if you're trying to draw something carefully.
> Turning off acceleration makes it a linear relation between mouse
> movement and pointer movement.

Thanks for the tip. Doing this does result in a small increase in
controllability, but not very much. It's still infuriatingly hard to
draw anything half-decent. (And it makes the mouse rather slow and
unresponsive when you're just trying to work Windoze. So I'll probably
leave it how it was.)

It seems clear to me now that I need a decent input device if I'm
remotely serious about this course of action.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/