POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation Creator/Stripper : Re: Animation Creator/Stripper Server Time
3 May 2024 09:44:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Creator/Stripper
From: scott
Date: 4 Mar 2008 03:23:53
Message: <47cd0719$1@news.povray.org>
> Hey All, I'm looking for two types of utilities, preferably free/open
> source and
> preferably one application stead of two.
>
> 1) Program to create a movie file from picture files and sound files. It
> would
> be nice to have some basic automation ability, as well as features as
> choosing
> frame rate, etc.
>
> 2) Program to strip a movie down to its individual frames and sound
> files/sound
> track. Might be nice to be able to choose something like every 2 frames,
> every
> 4 frames, every 8 frames, etc.

AVIsynth will let you do both of those, but beware it's a kind of scripting
language just like POV.

For 1) you would write something like:

video = ImageSource("frame%04d.png", start=0, end=1500, fps=25,pixel_type =
"rgb24")
return video

and for 2) you can write: (to eg save 1st 100 frames to drive C)

video = DirectShowSource("existing video clip.mp4")
ImageWriter( video , "C:\" , 0 , 100 , type="jpg" )