POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC to be revived : IRTC to be revived Server Time
1 May 2024 04:37:52 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC to be revived
From: David Buck
Date: 3 Mar 2008 20:22:53
Message: <47cca46d$1@news.povray.org>
As you likely know, the IRTC (Internet Ray Tracing Competition) has been
down for over a year now.  I've been in discussions with Chris Cason for
a while now on how we can resurrect it and I'm happy to announce that
we've come up with a proposal.

I have assembled a small group of developers including myself and Randal
Schwartz who will volunteer our time to re-write the software in
Smalltalk using the Seaside web framework.  In the process, we will try
to address some of the issues that led to the demise of the previous
system and add some flexibility to do more fun things with the site in
the future.

I do realize that while the IRTC was down, the TC-RTC started up.  There
has been some discussion here that there's no need for two competitions.
  Still, it's the IRTC that has the most visibility and the new site
should attract a lot more.  We will import all of the previous years
competition results into the system and have them available for viewing
once the site is up.

If you have any questions or suggestions, you can send them to me at
dav### [at] simberoncom.  Please include the text IRTC in the subject line.

I'll keep you advised as the development progresses.

David Buck