POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : string problem : Re: string problem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: string problem
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 Mar 2008 19:34:03
Message: <47c9f5fb$1@news.povray.org>
"Dennis Miller" <dhm### [at] comcastnet> wrote in message
>I am trying to load a long sequence of TGA files into this image map:
> image_map { tga concat("D:\\sketches\\follow", str(clock*600,-4,0),
> ".tga")
>
> Can someone see a problem with the string here? I want to read in only the
> first 600 while the clock moves from 0.1 to 1.
>
> and I am getting a Parse Error that says: Cannot open TGA image.
> thanks much for any help.

You didn't say what version or platform you are using there so this could be
unrelated.
Giving it a try here POV for Windows 3.6.1c crashed, no error message. I
have the current 3.7 beta "installed", not simply added to the 3.6 bin
folder. I can run this (similar script) from the 3.7 beta, no errors. Using
Vista here.

It has been a very long time since I did any animations using version 3.6 so
I couldn't say if anything has changed.

I was just wondering about your 0.1 to 1 clock if you want the first half of
images from 1800 total. Start image number would then be 60 not 0.
--
/*bob hughes*/