POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 29 Feb 2008 19:17:22
Message: <47c8a092@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>>> 200 hours? That doesn't seem right. 60x speed-up would be 20 hours
>>> worth...
>>
>> Yeah, I think you might be right. 600x would be a freakin' BLUR... I
>> must be mis-remembering this stuff. ;-)
>>
> I think it was 6x

Yep, 600% was what he said ... I've been watching the video.

After watching the first video, I noticed a few things

* This is actually pretty bare-bones photoshop usage. He uses all
brushes, layers, and an occasional scale operation, nothing too fancy.

* The swatches file is a very nice trick :)

* It amazes me how he seems to get it right the first time.