POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drawings : Re: Drawings Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drawings
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 29 Feb 2008 16:45:55
Message: <47c87d13$1@news.povray.org>
Well *obviously* these are intended to represent the three main
characters from Ctrl+Alt+Del. From this point of view, the truly
astonishing thing is that YOU CAN TELL WHO THEY ARE!

To understand why this is a big deal, try the following: Get a
photograph of somebody you know. Now attempt to draw their face. When
you're done, see if *anybody* can tell who the hell it's meant to be a
drawing of. Unless you're a pretty skilled artist, I can virtually
guarantee nobody will have a clue who you were trying to draw!

And I've just drawn three people, and you can tell who is who! o_O

Sure, all three images are *loaded* with obvious and elementary errors.
(What the hell happened to Lucas's hand?! Ethan's head is too big. His
hair is in the wrong place. Lilah's head is too tall and not wide
enough. Her fringe is wrong, so is her neck. What happened to her bra
line? etc.) But even with so many incorrect proportions, they are all
*recognisible*. That's astounding!

I didn't even spend *that* long drawing these... about 10 minutes each?
All the expressions have come out wrong, but the characters at least are
recognisible. I'm pretty pleased at this point...

My reference images:

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060211

(Second panel has a nice clear shot of Lilah with no text in the way.)

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060215

(Top two panels show nice shots of Lucas and Ethan.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/