POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 29 Feb 2008 16:37:14
Message: <47c87b0a$1@news.povray.org>
>> Never challenge anybody to anything. You end up loosing. And then you
>> look very stupid.
>
> Nonsense.  I used to play chess competitively (ie, I played tournament
> chess).  I wasn't very good, and I lost a lot.  Didn't make me look
> stupid in the least, just less skilled than other people.

Question: Have you ever, at any time, won a chess match?

I haven't. Even against a computer. I'm that bad at it.

And you know what? One time somebody "challenged" me about the chemical
symbol for Tin. Well *obviously* that can't even change. How could I
*possibly* loose? But loose I did. (Sb isn't Tin. It's the one right
next to it. Only 1 letter and one proton different. Damn it!)

> Hint:  There's always someone who knows more.  Anyone who says they know
> it all is either lying or stupid - or frequently both.

Like So Greats said, "The greatest knowledge is in knowing that you know
nothing."

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/