POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 29 Feb 2008 16:14:16
Message: <47c875a8$1@news.povray.org>
>> Advanced. So, like, it's as expensive as a high-end tablet *and* a
>> high-end monitor? Must cost a fortune! o_O
>
> About 2500-3500 $.

*whimpers quietly*

At least this time I can tell myself that I wouldn't know what to do
with one anyway...

> This is really impressive tech.

No kidding.

>> Yes. [Although obviously I've never seen it, only heard that it exists. It
>> seems more like a legend than a real commercial product...]
>
> Like Mike said, just download the trial version. If you've never seen a
> killer app (apart Excel) that's the one.

Heh. I might like it too much. ;-)

> Also, if you can convince your
> bosses to buy you a license, Adobe allows you to have a second installation
> on your own computer.

Ooo, cool. Cos our lab could really do with a high-end image editor...
uh... hmm... maybe I could make it more enterprisy?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/