POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 29 Feb 2008 16:11:14
Message: <47c874f2@news.povray.org>

47c861a5$1@news.povray.org...

> Advanced. So, like, it's as expensive as a high-end tablet *and* a
> high-end monitor? Must cost a fortune! o_O

About 2500-3500 $.
Actually I was "using" one a couple of hours ago. It's not mine
unfortunately, and the guy who has it (a professional graphic designer) uses
it in combination with a regular screen. What happened was that I was
showing him some modelling tricks with C4D (on the regular screen) and I
somehow lost track of the mouse pointer... which was now on the tablet. This
is really impressive tech.

> Yes. [Although obviously I've never seen it, only heard that it exists. It
> seems more like a legend than a real commercial product...]

Like Mike said, just download the trial version. If you've never seen a
killer app (apart Excel) that's the one. Also, if you can convince your
bosses to buy you a license, Adobe allows you to have a second installation
on your own computer.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com