POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 29 Feb 2008 15:46:15
Message: <47c86f17$1@news.povray.org>

> [I was actually toying with the idea of making a web comic of my own.
> Now I see what an absurd idea that is.]

Oh cmon, you don't need to have CAD's artistic quality. Can you draw
comics as good as xkcd?

> 3. He seems to draw and re-draw and constantly tweak everything way more
> than I would have imagined. I assumed he was one of these people who can
> just draw a line and do it perfectly every time. But no, actually he
> seems to spend quite a lot of time adjusting each part to get it just
> so. No wonder the final image looks so damn fine!

Well, that was another comment he got often.
"You're a damned perfectionist you know that...?"

> 4. Woah, that's A LOT of levels of shading!

Lots of people noticed details while watching the video that they had
never noticed on the comics themselves.

> 6. This guy clearly has more talent in his left toenail than I have in
> my entire body. Even if I somehow purchased the hardware and software
> that he has, I wouldn't know what to do with it. Just... wow. I should
> go away and be quiet now...

Challenge him in Haskell programming?

Different people have *different* skills.