POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 29 Feb 2008 15:39:35
Message: <47c86d87$1@news.povray.org>
Having got over just how amazing his hardware and software is, several
other facts strike me:

1. This is speeded up 600 times? And it still takes, like, 20 minutes
for him to draw the whole thing? Wow, that's a long time! (And the
finished image looks so easy...)

[I was actually toying with the idea of making a web comic of my own.
Now I see what an absurd idea that is.]

2. He can do stuff with pencil and paper that I couldn't do in my
wildest daydreams. I mean, if you left me in a room with a pad of paper
for 20 years, I still couldn't produce anything approaching this level
of sophistication.

3. He seems to draw and re-draw and constantly tweak everything way more
than I would have imagined. I assumed he was one of these people who can
just draw a line and do it perfectly every time. But no, actually he
seems to spend quite a lot of time adjusting each part to get it just
so. No wonder the final image looks so damn fine!

4. Woah, that's A LOT of levels of shading!

5. There are quite a few parts where he's not *drawing* anything, just
pressing buttons on the UI. It's hard to see what he's doing. But the
software seems to have some impressive area colouring capabilities!

6. This guy clearly has more talent in his left toenail than I have in
my entire body. Even if I somehow purchased the hardware and software
that he has, I wouldn't know what to do with it. Just... wow. I should
go away and be quiet now...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/