POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 29 Feb 2008 14:46:01
Message: <47c860f9@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>> 1. Where the hell did he get a computer screen you can draw on??
>
> Heh, it's a pretty expensive beast he has.
>
>> 2. What the hell is the software he's using?! It seems to have almost
>> unlimited capabilities...
>
> Photoshop CS2, like the FAQ says.
>
> Lots of people get pirated Photoshop and never use features much beyond
> what Paint has... But it has way more features.

Well, whuddya know:

Exif IFD0

     * Picture Orientation = normal (1)
     * X-Resolution = 3000000/10000 = 300
     * Y-Resolution = 3000000/10000 = 300
     * X/Y-Resolution Unit = inch (2)
     * Software/Firmware Version = Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
     * Last Modified Date/Time = 2006:12:22 22:16:30

Wow. Surprised he didn't use Adobe Illustrator, which one would think
would be more suited to this kind of work, but then again, I think Scott
Adams mentioned he uses Photoshop with the same type of drawing tablet.
So, apparently it's a "standard" among comic artists.

I'll have to watch the vid at home ...And, yeah .. Wacom makes tablets
with a built-in monitor... Kinda neat, But my Intuos postage stamp (6x4,
I think?) fits my budget better. I've done some line-arty type stuff in
PS before, using paths. Someone mentioned that PS has more features than
people generally use. Very true, I usually only use it for processing
and adjusting photos. CS3 has an even more extensive feature set (I use
this because my camera (40D) is only supported in the new Camera Raw.