POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires : Re: Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Feb 2008 11:33:51
Message: <47c833ef@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Sounds fair. First you are in a dangerous car accident which might
> have even costed your life, and then you have to pay money for it.

What happens is that everyone's insurance pays for their own damage, in
the event that it wasn't anybody's fault. "Nobody's fault" includes
things like hailstorms, trees falling over onto your car, the bridge
collapsing from the flood while you're crossing it, etc.  (Obviously,
this last one is somebody's fault, but not the fault of anyone actually
involved in the accident and taking damages.)

If it's a collision between cars, then somebody (or multiple somebodies)
is at fault.

So, yeah, somebody has to pay for it, so?  Life isn't "fair".  You catch
a serious disease, you have to pay to get cured too.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"