POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Completely pointless : Re: Completely pointless Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Completely pointless
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Feb 2008 05:33:43
Message: <47c7df87@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> As this Fractal Transform is not lossless, what exactly is your problem?
> Other than that it is apparently the wrong compression technique for
> this kind of signal of course.

Well, I've run a few signals through my program, and they all seemed to
work kinda OK. But just now I threw together a simple fractal noise
generator. (Midpoint displacement method.) And then I ran that through
the program, and WOAH! Something has gone terribly wrong here...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Attachments:
Download 'compress2.png' (56 KB)