POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Completely pointless : Re: Completely pointless Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Completely pointless
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Feb 2008 05:07:54
Message: <47c7d97a$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> I'm now going to experiment with different similarity metrics, to see
> what difference that makes...

Well, actually it turns out that which metric you use makes a pretty
small difference to the result - and overall, simple signal correlation
seems to work just about as well as any elaborate system I can come up with.

(Total deviation squared comes out identical to signal correlation.
Total absolute deviation is slightly different, with more overshoot. And
signal derivative correlation comes out more "noisy".)

Oh well - I guess this is the closest fit I'm going to get...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/