POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Completely pointless : Re: Completely pointless Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Completely pointless
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Feb 2008 04:40:17
Message: <47c7d301$1@news.povray.org>
I tried changing the block size from 8 samples to 4 samples. The fit is
now closer, yet the overshoots and undershoots are more extreme.

I also tried changing it to 2 samples, but then the whole thing just
malfunctions horribly.

Just for fun, I also tried 16 samples per block. This also produces a
"reasonable" fit, though not as good as 8 or 4.

So it seems that smaller block sizes produce a better fit [yet with less
compression]. No real surprises there then.

I'm now going to experiment with different similarity metrics, to see
what difference that makes...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/