POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreams : Re: Dreams Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dreams
From: St
Date: 28 Feb 2008 12:14:57
Message: <47c6ec11$1@news.povray.org>
"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
> And lo on Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:21:13 -0000, St. <dot### [at] dotcom> did spake,
> saying:

>>     Some places are saying that it was 10 seconds long, but for me it was
>> nowhere near that, (and I felt it from begining to end).
>
> People saying it lasted "minutes", people further away from the epicentre
> then I talking about how it shook everything... as I've said elsewhere -
> house went up, house came down.

   Yeah, I read that, nice humorous little read and description as always
with you Phil.

> Really though it was all the news stories that were amusing me. CCTV
> footage of the event "the camera shakes violently" um take a camera in
> your hand now gently oscillate it up and down and side-to side; ooh yeah
> violent.

     Heh, yeah, I noticed that. GMTV were *pleading* with anyone that might
have good footage of anything that happened around them. Erm, yeah, I'll
just whip out the video camera, wipe the sleep from my eyes, and shoot a
house falling down in the street at 1am - all in 10 seconds.  ;)

    What I'm wondering though, is quite a few reports mentioned differing
effects and noises with the quake, so I'm wondering if quite a few faults
were involved with this one, or would it have been a much bigger quake if
that was the case? Hmm...

     ~Steve~