POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires : Re: Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires
From: Tom Austin
Date: 28 Feb 2008 11:11:52
Message: <47c6dd48$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Tom Austin <taustin> wrote:
>> Here is the US the cost for tax money is much lower because so many
>> things are not government run - health care, rescue and ambulance, tow
>> truck service, etc...
>
>   Then who pays those things?
>
>   I have hard time believing that if the victims of the accident do not
> have any money, they and their car wrecks are left in the middle of the
> road. *Someone* has to at least remove the debris from the road. Who does
> that if the government (or the accident victims) doesn't pay for it?

I didn't say that there was no tax cost, it is just much lower.

People who get paid per service (ie tow truck, hospital, ambulance) will
bill you for their services - after the fact.  Usually it is handled by
the involved insurance companies.

People who are paid by taxes are just doing their job, there usually is
no extra cost.  Exceptions may be where you cause damage to public
property (ie destroy a bridge, etc...).

As scott said, insurance usually takes care of the bills.
Just about everyone has auto insurance - it's required here.
If you happen to not have insurance you get into legal trouble - and you
are personally responsible for the bills.

The government does not pay to have your car towed.  They just call the
tow truck to come get your car.  Then the tow truck driver bills you for
service.

In the end it is through your insurance premiums that you pay the 'tax'.
The premiums are based on the insurance company still making a profit
while shelling out the money for other people's stupidities.

Tom