POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The chart : Re: New chart -21KB Server Time
2 Jun 2024 09:38:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New chart -21KB
From: Invisible
Date: 28 Feb 2008 06:57:15
Message: <47c6a19b$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> OTOH, if you're the sort of person who knows when he wants a 20 ohm
>> resistor you probably won't need any help locating it in Maplin.
>
> Yeh, I used to love Maplins.  I could just show up and buy an IC, a few
> resistors and capacitors and go home and make something.  Or get that
> right combination of plugs and sockets to make a custom cable for
> whatever I might have been up to at the time.

I have a bucket of 7400s and some breadboard somewhere... ooo, and lots
of LEDs and a batery pack. Damn, where did I put them?

Of course, if KLogic would ****ing work properly, I wouldn't need that
lot. :-P

>> It's nice being able to buy that sort of stuff in a high street shop
>> though. Sometimes you don't want a brand new 20 quid scart lead, just
>> the connector at one end because you bent the pin or whatever.
>
> OTOH, I remember trying to solder on to a 15-pin VGA plug, and I kept
> melting the plastic housing that held the pins in place, in the end I
> Just went and bought a 20 quid cable and chopped it in half to get a
> "ready soldered" plug ;-)

It's surprising how much you can be charged for cables. Like, when I was

Oh, sure, the PC World one says "Belkin" on it. But come on, is it made
of *Gold* or something?! It's a *wire* with a plug at each end FFS!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/