POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Simple Windows question : Re: Simple Windows question Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple Windows question
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Feb 2008 07:46:04
Message: <47c55b8c$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>>
>> People get kinda annoyed if you do stuff to the server they're trying
>> to use...
>
> That's why there are times called "service windows". On a service window
> people are *not* using the server so you can do stuff on it.

I doubt anybody is going to pay overtime so I can remove a couple of
items from the recycle bin.

>> I believe you can find this information from the "server" applet from
>> the control panel.
>>
>> Nope, wait, that's only for Windows NT. They removed it in Windows XP.
>> Hold on... Ah yes, Computer Management. There's a "Shared Folders"
>> item in the right pane, with an "Open Files" subitem.
>
> I'm not actually sure if that subitem tells you everything, but have you
> checked there? Of course, you should check it form the server, not your
> workstation (I surely hope your servers are not running XP).

This particular server is running Windows 2000 Server, which has the
same Control Panel layout.

>> Alternatively, either PS Tools or Process Explorer from System
>> Internals might help you. [Altough given that M$ now ownes that, maybe
>> not...]
>
> Possibly. Go and find out, who's (ab)using your recycle bins ;).

Well, these folders are managed by our automated project ****-up system,
so I imagine that's probably the source of the trouble...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/