POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Simple Windows question : Re: Simple Windows question Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple Windows question
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 27 Feb 2008 07:41:23
Message: <47c55a73$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> People get kinda annoyed if you do stuff to the server they're trying to
> use...

That's why there are times called "service windows". On a service window
people are *not* using the server so you can do stuff on it.

> I believe you can find this information from the "server" applet from
> the control panel.
>
> Nope, wait, that's only for Windows NT. They removed it in Windows XP.
> Hold on... Ah yes, Computer Management. There's a "Shared Folders" item
> in the right pane, with an "Open Files" subitem.

I'm not actually sure if that subitem tells you everything, but have you
checked there? Of course, you should check it form the server, not your
workstation (I surely hope your servers are not running XP).

> Alternatively, either PS Tools or Process Explorer from System Internals
> might help you. [Altough given that M$ now ownes that, maybe not...]

Possibly. Go and find out, who's (ab)using your recycle bins ;).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net