POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Simple Windows question : Re: Simple Windows question Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple Windows question
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Feb 2008 07:16:02
Message: <47c55482$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:

>> On one of our servers, there are some folders in the recycle bin which
>> *cannot* be deleted. Every time you try it complains that they're "in
>> use". Despite the fact that the server has been rebooted God knows how
>> many times over the years. But still these files cannot be removed.
>>
>> Fortunately they're small...
>
> Have you tried booting to fail safe mode and removing there?

People get kinda annoyed if you do stuff to the server they're trying to
use...

> Right now
> someone (I'd guess Darren;) could tell you a Windows-utility equal to
> *n?x -sides lsof (LiSt of Open Files), meaning a utility which can tell
> you which process is using which open file (we have one at work, but I
> don't remember the name, so I won't get it until next week).

I believe you can find this information from the "server" applet from
the control panel.

Nope, wait, that's only for Windows NT. They removed it in Windows XP.
Hold on... Ah yes, Computer Management. There's a "Shared Folders" item
in the right pane, with an "Open Files" subitem.

Alternatively, either PS Tools or Process Explorer from System Internals
might help you. [Altough given that M$ now ownes that, maybe not...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/