POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : pvengine.ini now integrated into the registry? : Re: pvengine.ini now integrated into the registry? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 14:08:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pvengine.ini now integrated into the registry?
From: Warp
Date: 27 Feb 2008 05:51:45
Message: <47c540c1@news.povray.org>
> It's an attempt to solve vista issues.

  Is the problem that a program cannot write anything in its own
installation directory anymore in Vista? Having to program for Windows
I have encountered this problem.

  The "right" solution for Vista-compatible programs is to write things
in a subdirectory inside the user settings directory. If I'm not mistaken,
there's an API function which returns this directory. (I don't really know
because the library I'm using does this for me. I can check how it does it
if you want, as I have access to the source code of said library.)

--
                                                          - Warp