POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kewl : Re: Kewl Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kewl
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Feb 2008 04:18:17
Message: <47c52ad9@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Good to know you know Knuth.

Only because of TeX. (And, obviously, that large tome he wrote, who's
exact name currently escapes me.) I couldn't tell you much else about him.

> That man is a true barroque in spirit.

Apparently...

"Hey, I wanna write a book. Ah, damn it, let me just quickly dash off a
state-of-the-art digital typesetting system and design a set of
cutting-edge portable custom typefaces first, and then I'll get right on
it..."

Like, WTF?

[Actually, that sounds exactly like something *I* would do. Except that
I'd get about 1% through it, and then be forced to give up. This dude
actually pulled it off...!]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/