POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A couple of amusements... : Re: A couple of amusements... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A couple of amusements...
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 26 Feb 2008 16:45:15
Message: <47c4886b$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Well, I don't know about that,

Check the difference between these:
http://www.fiskars.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10101&categoryId=10277&productId=10526
http://www.fiskars.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10101&categoryId=10277&productId=10534

The first one is the one I have, there a significant difference ;).
28inch is 72cm - which is pretty much for an axe. Still it's stable and
fast to handle, when you know it.

> but I do know that me and my dad wasted
> several hours trying to get through one quite thin tree trunk with an
> axe one time. Brand new axe. Took seconds to go through the bark, but
> did little or nothing to the wood beneith.

Making a tree come down with an axe ain't easy. You'll need to cut with
the right angle to get optimal get-trough time and still the mess will
be awful. I'd advice a saw for even a little bit bigger trees and one of
these to the smallest ones:
http://www.fiskars.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10101&categoryId=10277&productId=10532

Even then it's technical thing to get the tree down, actually :p.
Usually it's one hit with that brush axe to one little tree.

> And then my dad lent against the tree in exhaustion, and it snapped off

Heh, that's life :).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net