POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : slim photon rendering : Re: slim photon rendering Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: slim photon rendering
From: Alain
Date: 26 Feb 2008 12:52:03
Message: <47c451c3$1@news.povray.org>
CAD-Andi nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/02/25 20:49:
> Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> A question: do you use more than one light_source? Are they at the same location?
>>
>> If you answered yes to both, replace them with a single light with an intensity
>> egual to the sum of all current sources. This will reduce the number of protons
>> to shoot and improve the quality. When several coincident light_source are
>> shooting photons at the same target, they all shoot photons in the same pattern.
>> It will also cut down on the shadow testing, resulting in another speed increase.
>>
>> --
>> Alain
>
> I'm only using one spotlight source. Why would I want to use several light
> sources at the same location to begin with?
>
> I'm really happy about all the responses. This board is really helpful!
>
> Thanks!

Some peoples don't realise that a light_source can have a colour greater than 1,
and endup piling several lights in the same location when they need some
brighter light.

--
Alain
EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

A Hot Air Balloon is Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have to light
a fire under it, and of course, there's the hot air part.