POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hard, is it? : Re: Hard, is it? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hard, is it?
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 26 Feb 2008 12:07:31
Message: <47c44753$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Not intentionally - actually I just meant that, on the surface, smashing
> up a wooden floor with an axe *does* sound like the kind of fairly
> random thing you might see on CAD.

It's not wooden, it's some kind of a composite material (feels like
plastic). OTOH I have to admit, under the laminate is a *real* wooden
floor, which I also went through with an axe.

Both the laminate and the wooden floor are made of pieces, which are
held together by theier profiles. To get just one piece out from the
middle, the easiest way is to cut that particular piece to two pieces -
and with a darn good axe, it's not even hard to do. Of course the piece
needs to be replaced later*, but I have enough pieces to break few of them.

*) to be honest, I don't think I'll be putting the laminate back on my
floor. The wooden floor under the laminate feels so much warmer and
better - and most of all, when properly finished, it looks *a lot* better.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net