POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kewl : Re: Kewl Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kewl
From: Warp
Date: 26 Feb 2008 11:01:12
Message: <47c437c8@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Of course, what that also ends up meaning is that only one program can
> understand it.

  Basically only MS Word understands .doc files. Your point? ;)

> OTOH, HTML can be parsed and manipulated with
> tools like XSLT by a miriad of programs...

  OTOH, HTML sucks for creating publications with good layout.

> - The end result just looks more "formal" and arguably "professional"
> than something thrown together with Word [yet takes about the same
> amount of effort].

  LaTeX creates superb scientifical papers by default. OTOH it's not so
well suitable for other types of publications, for which MS Word may have
ready templates. (I have a concrete example in mind, but it's quite
impossible to find such an example with google. Google only understands
words, not layout formatting... :P )

--
                                                          - Warp