POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outlook Express : Re: Outlook Express Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outlook Express
From: Warp
Date: 26 Feb 2008 04:43:28
Message: <47c3df40@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
> That assumes though that you jump in half way through a thread

  No, it assumes that you don't necessarily read a whole thread in one go,
and it also assumes that a thread may have tons of sub-threads, forming
a tree of subthreads, instead of one single chained thread.

  Besides, if you are answering to several individual points in the
original post, it would be very confusing if you wrote all the answers
at the top and then people would have to guess what are the points you
are answering to.

> With top-posting, you can just read the top (people start reading from the
> top usually) of every post to follow the conversation.

  That would be nice if each thread would not split into several, forming
a tree instead of a chain.

> Seems I am in the minority of usenet users - although apparently the
> majority of people who use email.  Actually it would *really* annoy me if
> all the emails I got had their replies at the bottom rather than the top.

  Quoting *everything* and just adding text to the bottom is not much better
than top-posting. Only relevant parts should be quoted, not everything.

  I didn't quote everything. I quoted only relevant parts, and answered
to each individual point.

--
                                                          - Warp