POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outlook Express : Re: Outlook Express Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outlook Express
From: scott
Date: 26 Feb 2008 03:09:26
Message: <47c3c936@news.povray.org>
>  Related to that, I like this sig someone uses:
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

That assumes though that you jump in half way through a thread, (or that you
want to re-read the conversation every time you read a reply), because you
get to see something like this with bottom-posting:

Q: What is the best thing on usenet and in e-mail?

> Q: What is the best thing on usenet and in e-mail?
A: Bottom-posting.

>> Q: What is the best thing on usenet and in e-mail?
> A: Bottom-posting.
Q: Why is it such a good thing?

>>> Q: What is the best thing on usenet and in e-mail?
>> A: Bottom-posting.
> Q: Why is it such a good thing?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

With top-posting, you can just read the top (people start reading from the
top usually) of every post to follow the conversation.

Seems I am in the minority of usenet users - although apparently the
majority of people who use email.  Actually it would *really* annoy me if
all the emails I got had their replies at the bottom rather than the top.