POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires : Re: Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires
From: Warp
Date: 26 Feb 2008 02:48:12
Message: <47c3c43c@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> My personal feeling is that if conditions are bad enough that you need
> more than your regular tires, you should just be safe and throw on some
> chains.

  I have the feeling that chains wear out the road 100 times faster than
studs. Additionally they wear out the tires pretty fast, they don't allow
driving very fast (ie. you probably don't want to drive along a highway
with them), they make a lot of noise, and probably can't be used for very
long distances (like 100's of km).

--
                                                          - Warp