POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires : Re: Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires
From: Chambers
Date: 26 Feb 2008 00:04:42
Message: <47c39dea@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> I live a couple hundred miles away from the city where that video was
> taken, assuming that the weather there is similar to here (and I believe
> it is) I think part of the problem is that it generally snows there
> between zero and a couple of times per year, and most of the time it's
> only a an inch or two which melts before the day is done.  Thus it's not
> really worthwhile buying snow tires, since it's only very rarely that it
> snows enough that it would be at all useful (having a tire built for
> rain would be much more important).  Anyone here form Portland who can
> confirm / disagree with this?

I grew up in Seattle, but I'm currently living in Portland.

This year, we had snow four times.  Each time, we got less than an inch,
and it melted within 2 hours.

Anyway, if you think that's bad, remember that at least they had the
(poor) excuse of an icy road.  The driving here isn't much better in the
rain (which is rather alarming, seeing as it rains here almost as much
as in Seattle).

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com