POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : beta: parallelizing BSP-building possible? : Re: beta: parallelizing BSP-building possible? Server Time
1 May 2024 16:30:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beta: parallelizing BSP-building possible?
From: Chambers
Date: 25 Feb 2008 22:12:01
Message: <47c38381@news.povray.org>
Lukas Winter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had a quick look at the beta source, even though I can't compile it on
> my Linux machine, and wondered, whether the code for building the BSP-
> tree could be parallelized.

Find me a scene that has not been artificially contrived for this
example where building the BSP takes a significant amount of time
compared to the total render.

For clarity, let's define significant as 5% or more of a render which
lasts at least 5 minutes.

While it's certainly possible, I think parallelizing the photon shooting
would be much more important :)

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com