POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires : Re: Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 25 Feb 2008 13:53:49
Message: <47c30ebd$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   In some countries studded tires are prohibited by law (all year round)
> because they wear the road faster. Well, I suppose it's better to have
> tons of car accidents than having to repave once in a while.

Naturally you know (but everybody here don't) that studded tire and a
winter tire are not 100% equal terms. There are also good winter tires
on the market, which are not studded (ie. Nokian RSi, Bridgestone
Blizzak etc).

One of the usual flamewars at sfnet newsgroups are studded vs.
non-studded winter tires, I don't think we wan't to raise it here :p.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net