POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : beta: parallelizing BSP-building possible? : Re: beta: parallelizing BSP-building possible? Server Time
1 May 2024 17:10:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beta: parallelizing BSP-building possible?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Feb 2008 10:48:36
Message: <47c2e354$1@news.povray.org>
Lukas Winter wrote:
> This is true. However, if one thread is finished with its subtree before
> another it will get a new task as soon as the other one tries to recurse.
> But even if we do not reassign tasks to threads like this building in
> parallel would be faster. I would try to implement this if the unix
> source was also released. Unfortunately I do not own a copy of Visual
> Studio.

Well, your idea certainly is possible (even though recall it is a binary
tree and building requires lots of memory), but as Chris said earlier, we
are not looking for new feature implementations right now. We are still
looking for people to work on the various open issues and incomplete
features... ;-)

	Thorsten