POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pretty cool physics sim : Re: Pretty cool physics sim Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pretty cool physics sim
From: Doctor John
Date: 25 Feb 2008 09:44:41
Message: <47c2d459@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H5g9VS0ENM
>
> Get it: http://www.acc.umu.se/~emilk/

I've got so addicted in the last few days that I've put a shortcut on
the panel. I may have to sue you for wilful enticement ;-)

imho the most fascinating part of it is its non-determinism (is that the
right word?) which seems to imply there are some pretty cool algorithms
sitting in the source code. I wonder if there's anything in there that
could be used in Megapov's mech-sim or cloth-sim? How about a cloth that
never drapes itself the same way twice or an animation of a field of
long grass that never repeats. Awesome 8-)

John

finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: