POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : My animation crashed POV-RAY : Re: My animation crashed POV-RAY Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My animation crashed POV-RAY
From: Chris B
Date: 24 Feb 2008 19:05:27
Message: <47c20647@news.povray.org>
"melo" <mel### [at] coxnet> wrote in message
> I had too many nested Unions,
> I reduced some.  added some more debugging statements.. and valla, I
> discovered
> what I managed to do.

Phew!. Well I'm glad you've got over that one :-)

> Well, now that I am beyond one hurdle I am caught by another trap which
> leaves
> me scratching my head.   ... snip ...
>
>   Parse Error: Expected String expression, object found instead.
>
> here is the section including the line POV-RAY highlights, I marked it by
>  >>>
> <<<< arrows for your reference..
>
>  ...  snip lots of lines before
>
>   #if ( !VZero( AVAR[PCFlag][HumanoidRoot_Ind] ) )
>      Rotate_Around_Trans( AVAR[PCFlag][HumanoidRoot_Ind], JOC_L_Subtalar )
> //
> +Joint_Radius_Heal
>      #debug concat( "Rotating about HumanoidRoot by ", vstr( 3,
> AVAR[PCFlag][HumanoidRoot_Ind], ", ", 3, 0 ) )
>   #end
>
>   texture { Silver_Texture }
>   };
>
>   #declare Human_Trans =
>      transform {
>         scale 1.5
>         translate -1.0*y
>   };

>      Humanoid
>      transform { Human_Trans }
>   }
>
> #end // macro move_Humanoid
>
>  ... snip lots of lines after

The cause is not clear to me from just this snippet, but I think there's
probably something awry with the data type you're returning from the macro.
The line that it complains about is where you're returning an object from
the macro. My guess is that there's something being returned before that to
make it think that the returned data type should be a string. Alternatively
it could be the context in which the macro is called that could make it
expect a string to be returned.

Regards,
Chris B.