POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : non-CSG objects in water : Re: non-CSG objects in water Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: non-CSG objects in water
From: Jan Dvorak
Date: 24 Feb 2008 13:32:21
Message: <47c1b835$1@news.povray.org>
JH napsal(a):
> I'm trying to put non-CSG'able objects in water, and, with radiosity lighting,
> they come out too dark.  I'm guessing this is because the water is in the same
> space as the objects themselves.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

if you use conventional light sources you need to make it (from simlest
to slowest):
-shadowless
or
-cast fake caustics
or
-cast pohotons
or
-make the light source a small highly ambient sphere (and crank up the
count)
also remember that media doesn't gather radiosity samples.

--
the ultimate time-killer:
+a0.0 +am2 +r9

Johnny D