POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apple cores: a gesture of goodwill towards a post-apocalyptic planet : Re: Apple cores: a gesture of goodwill towards a post-apocalyptic planet Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apple cores: a gesture of goodwill towards a post-apocalyptic planet
From: John VanSickle
Date: 23 Feb 2008 17:37:10
Message: <47c0a016@news.povray.org>
gregjohn wrote:
> The fascinating thing is I wonder if there's even the slightest chance of those
> apple seeds feeding anyone ever in any moment in all time.   I even wonder if
> there's some scenario where it could do some kind of harm. (Besides offending
> property owners who figure it out

It's just another weed if the space is tended, and ignored if it's not.

> or the green's gripe with invasive species.)

I never could understand the logic behind the insistence that ecosystem
of the world, which has shifted radically in the past, should either
globally or locally remain in any particular fixed state.  It is as
unrealistic as demanding that your wife not grow old.

For most of the earth's history plants and animals have invaded
neighboring areas whenever the opportunity has presented itself, and the
global climate shifts of the past indicate that the present warming
trend signals a return to normal conditions, and not a departure from them.

If man is changing the earth, big deal; Mother Nature was changing the
earth for millenia before we showed up, has done so during our time
here, and if she outlasts us will continue to do so when we are gone.

Regards,
John