POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hysterical confusers : Re: Hysterical confusers Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hysterical confusers
From: Doctor John
Date: 23 Feb 2008 08:54:33
Message: <47c02599$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> I don't, and I'm sure it does work, but the memory requirements are
>> typically higher for the newer kernels, so an older kernel is often
>> preferred.
<snip> ...
>   However, I think it's possible to compile the kernel so that it's
> optimized for the target platform, with everything unneeded removed.
> This reduces the size of the kernel considerably because unneeded drivers
> are not included.
>
>   After all, 2.6 has been used for embedded systems.

Thinking about it you're probably right. I'm making a start on the job
tomorrow evening. Can't do it this p.m. due to 6 Nations and tomorrow
afternoon there's a rather important match between Chelsea and some
obscure team from North London :-) (In case you haven't guessed I'm a
Chelsea supporter)
Of course when we win I'll be in no fit state to do anything remotely
techy so Monday evening then.

John

finished," then he sat down.