POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : macro question : Re: macro question Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:01:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: macro question
From: Jim Charter
Date: 22 Feb 2008 17:35:02
Message: <47bf4e16$1@news.povray.org>
Charles C wrote:
> I've been working with the assumption that an occasional call to an
> #included macro containing tight loop calling a second macro in the same
> #include file many times should be fairly efficient, based I think on
> posted tests from back-when and what Warp said again just now.
> Charles
Yeah, that would seem right, but that is the solution I didn't want to
use only because it would result in redundant copies of a macro that I
wrote precisely to isolate reusable code.  Oh well, it is really more
about design aesthetics than parse time anyway.

I wonder if it would make a difference if the whole thing was wrapped in
a macro.  I'll try some tests.