POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires : Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires
From: Warp
Date: 22 Feb 2008 17:06:11
Message: <47bf4753@news.povray.org>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMzeiMJQrvk

  I have heard that in many places in the US they don't even know about
the concept of winter tires (such as studded tires, which are used in
Finland in winter), even at places where it snows. Seeing videos like
this one seems to confirm this.

  In some countries studded tires are prohibited by law (all year round)
because they wear the road faster. Well, I suppose it's better to have
tons of car accidents than having to repave once in a while.

--
                                                          - Warp