POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Part of this logo looks strangly familiar : Re: Part of this logo looks strangly familiar Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:13:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Part of this logo looks strangly familiar
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 21 Feb 2008 23:50:10
Message: <47be5482@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote in message

>> Halbert wrote:
>>> Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChoicePoint and take a look at the
>>> logo and tell me what you think it looks like.
>>
>> let's sue them! :)
>
> But who has the time and money to do that?

Let's see, um...
  A.  Choicepoint does
  B.  We, er...

I've no idea who was "first" with their current logo design, but for
unrelated reasons, I think CP would be the most likely winner of a
logo/trademark suit in either case.  And essentially, each of those reasons
boil down to the relative size of the two parties and their budgets.