POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : My animation crashed POV-RAY : Re: My animation crashed POV-RAY Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:09:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My animation crashed POV-RAY
From: Chris B
Date: 21 Feb 2008 18:48:02
Message: <47be0db2$1@news.povray.org>

Sure, the V2 Alpha is at http://www.geocities.com/povperson/

> The link I had
> only had various facial renderings, and examples.  It mentioned that you
> used
> BlobMan as the body for your PovPerson head+Face+Hair.  Now, one other
> animation discussion took me to a site that had a full body walking
> animation
> showing the POVPerson walking straight at towards you.
>
> Now I am confused, does PovPerson has a full skeletal and skin and
> movement
> animation, in addition to facial animation?  s/he moves much smoother than
> my
> 23 joint rotation driven skeletal.

POV-Person V2 has a pretty comprehensive human skeletal definition. All of
the current models use the same skeletal definition although it's designed
to support alternative skeletal definitions (e.g. a horse). Many of the body
parts are shared amongst the different standard models and just scaled
differently, the heads being the main exception with each model having it's
own head. Substituting alternative body parts is straight forward as each
model is defined in its own file. Clothing is generated by stretching a
dynamically generated mesh around the body parts.

Each joint can be animated separately down to the individual joints in the
fingers and toes.

There is only very limited facial movement. The eyes rotate in all models.
The F2 model has the most facial flexibility with macro generated eyelids
and lips. The eyelids can be opened and closed, but I don't recall getting
far with animating the lips. The teeth can be animated, but you can't
actually see them as they're inside the head and you can't yet open the
mouth. Another perfectly useless feature is the ability to separately
animate the ears.

In addition to what's there, I now have a new hair model that responds to
gravity and dynamically generated fingers that I developed since publishing
the V2 Alpha.

Regards,
Chris B.