POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 21 Feb 2008 15:13:45
Message: <47bddb79$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> As best I can tell, the algorithm described just sounds like POV-Ray's
> radiosity with an infinitely low error_bound. (I.e., always resample.)
> But applied to *all* terms, not just diffuse illumination...

That's the key. I'm not too sure POVRay's radiosity gives an unbiased
result even with all settings turned up to the best quality. If there is
just one reflective surface in the mix I'm downright sure it does not...

Even throwing photons in I believe there are situations POV will not
handle correctly. Can we do a wall lighting one side of a room because
it is itself lit by a light reflecting in a mirror?

Yeah, I should try myself :-)

--
Vincent